Your order is very important to us and we wish to be able to offer the best service possible to you. Please read our Terms & Conditions so that you are clear about our services.
If the job is urgent, our Premium Service guarantees a turnaround in less than 7 days for an extra 10% of the quoted price. In order to make this possible, there may be restrictions in available framing choices.
1. “Bespoke Goods” are goods which are made to your order, to a specification agreed with you, and, without limitation, include picture frames made to order and mirrors made to order.
2. A 50% deposit is required before any work can begin in relation to Bespoke Goods unless otherwise agreed. Unless agreed otherwise, the balance of any sums due in respect of any order for Bespoke Goods must be paid before the goods can be collected.
3. If stock items are purchased in store, we will make a full repayment if they are not quite what you wanted as long as they are returned to the store within 14 days of purchase in perfect condition.
4. If you leave any artwork or other goods with us, you will receive a receipt or copy job sheet when you leave artwork with us which must be shown before your artwork can be returned. This is to reduce the risks of mistaken identity or theft.
5. Bespoke Goods are made especially for you. You should check your order and make any changes to your order prior to paying any monies. The Agreement is made between us when you offer to pay the whole or part of the price on the basis of the quotation or job sheet prepared in respect of the Bespoke Goods including these terms and conditions, setting out the Goods and services to be provided, and we accept your offer of payment. Changes are possible, but costs may change due to changes in requirements and extra costs for new materials and additional labour time may be incurred, because work on your Bespoke Goods may have begun. In such situations, we will make you aware of any supplemental costs and agree them with you before we proceed with the amended order. If you do not agree with the revised costs, you may choose to continue with the prior order, or cancel the order. If you cancel the order we will refund any monies paid by you less the costs of work and materials already incurred.
6. We try to complete all orders for Bespoke Goods within 3 weeks. If the job is complex it may take longer and we will let you know on ordering our estimated timescale. We always aim to give accurate estimates for completion, but cannot undertake any liability if the completion date is unable to be met. The most usual reason is that materials are out of stock at our suppliers, which is beyond our control.
7. Materials for Bespoke Goods are discontinued from time to time by our suppliers. This is beyond our control and we can have no liability for failure to supply in those circumstances. We will contact you and seek to agree with you acceptable changes. If you do wish to amend the order we will agree with you any consequential change to the price.
8. We will notify you by telephone or email when the Bespoke Goods are ready to collect. After a further 4 weeks, we will notify you a second time. You authorise us by entering into this agreement with us that if you do not collect the Bespoke Goods within another 20 weeks (24 weeks from the completion date), to sell your Bespoke Goods, together with any artwork or other goods or memorabilia incorporated therein, at public auction. We shall be entitled to apply the proceeds of such sale to satisfy the contract price and sale costs then we will return the remainder (if any) to you upon your request. We will not hold any monies received separately on trust, or in any client account.
9. While we handle all artwork with the utmost care, in the unlikely event that something happens to artwork left with us to be incorporated in Bespoke Goods, we are unable to take responsibility or liability for its loss or damage because of the limited value and nature of the contract between us. Your artwork is very valuable to you and you are more able than us to form a view of its value. If you are concerned, please make the necessary arrangements to insure the artwork while it is in our care, acknowledging we are held harmless from any liability to you, your insurers, or third parties for loss whether or not caused by us, our fault, negligence, or any other cause or person whatsoever. You must tell us if the artwork is worth more than £3,000, and confirm its value otherwise we shall be entitled to assume that it is not worth in excess of that sum. For artworks worth more than £8,000 you must agree specific custody and safekeeping arrangements with us.
10. Most framing materials used in the production of Bespoke Goods are natural and/or manufactured, and are subject to variations due either to natural causes or to variations in the manufacturing process of goods supplied to us. Therefore, while we will always use the materials selected by you, minor variations in appearance can occur and are beyond our control, particularly in natural materials, and this is no reason to reject or refuse to pay for the Bespoke Goods
11. If the Bespoke Goods are to incorporate textiles, the textiles need to be attached to a board to be framed. There are a variety of methods depending on the individual textile and we will endeavour to help you choose the most appropriate. Any process of attachment may have some irreversible consequences which you agree to accept by placing your order. Sometimes the textiles are not flat or are creased, in which case we may need to iron the textile before framing. IF WE AGREE TO IRON THE TEXTILE, IT WILL BE DONE ENTIRELY AT YOUR RISK, WE ARE NOT TEXTILE SPECIALISTS AND ANY DAMAGE OR ADVERSE CONSEQUENCES ARE NOT OUR LIABILITY AND WE WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR THEM. WE UNDERTAKE IRONING ONLY AT YOUR EXPRESS REQUEST AND YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE RISK.
12. Where the Bespoke Goods incorporate a work on paper such a work may require dry mounting to enable it to be flat enough to be framed with a good appearance. Dry mounting is not a reversible process, and is undertaken at your risk as occasionally the paper or image may turn out not to be suitable for the dry mounting process. This process is not used on original or limited edition artworks except at your express request and at your risk.
13. Risk of damage to or loss of the goods passes to you at the time of delivery to you, or collection by you or by someone on your behalf.
14. Bespoke Goods may not be returned once they have left the shop save in so far as you have rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (the Act). You or the person you have authorised to collect the Bespoke Goods must therefore check the product in store for issues and raise them with the staff before leaving.
15. If you have any questions or complaints about the goods please contact us at our shop.
16. We are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with this contract and in accordance with the Act.
17. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject goods which do not conform with the Act you must return them to where they were delivered to you, or from where they were collected by you or on your behalf. If they were delivered to you by us at an address other than our business address, you must allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the cost of collection.
18. A third party who is not a party to our agreement may not enforce its terms.
19. We shall not be responsible for any delay or failure to perform the contract due to circumstances beyond our control, such as failure of our suppliers to deliver, strikes, weather, transport disruption, utilities disruption, fire, flooding, or sickness. If you are a business customer, we shall have no liability for any loss of profit, consequential loss, economic loss or indirect loss and our liability (except only to the extent that the law provides that such limitation is not permitted) shall be limited to the contract value in all circumstances.
20. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.